I am involved in a range of different research projects, residencies and commissions.
- SOUND/IMAGE Research CentreWhat if we listened to the problems we want to solve? The Centre for Sound and Image investigates the disruptive potential of sound and new media technologies in a world dominated by visual narratives The Centre for Sound and Image… Read more: SOUND/IMAGE Research Centre
- Shared Hub for Immersive Future Technologies (SHIFT)State of the art collaborative co-production facilities for creative and cultural research. Bringing together practitioners and approaches from drama, film, architecture, music and sound, SHIFT strengthens existing research and allows for new collaboration and ideas across the disciplines. SHIFT raises the… Read more: Shared Hub for Immersive Future Technologies (SHIFT)
- Audiovisual Space: Recontextualising Sound-Image Media (AHRC Leadership Fellowship)Principal Investigator: Andrew Knight-Hill Duration: January 2021 – December 2022 The spatial turn, which swept the wider humanities, has not significantly contributed to inform our understandings of sound and image relationships. Audiovisual media are still often conceptualised in visually biassed,… Read more: Audiovisual Space: Recontextualising Sound-Image Media (AHRC Leadership Fellowship)
- A Sonic Palimpsest: Revisiting Chatham Historic Dockyards – AHRC Research Grant (Co-Investigator)I am delighted to be Co Investigator on this major AHRC project, which started in September 2020 and is running until the end of 2022. It aims to recreate soundscapes of the past and explore the use of sound in… Read more: A Sonic Palimpsest: Revisiting Chatham Historic Dockyards – AHRC Research Grant (Co-Investigator)
- Greenwich SOUND/IMAGE FestivalThis year (2020), with support of the Royal Borough of Greenwich and in partnership with The Greenwich Hospital, Museum of Walking and School of Noise, we are delighted to programme a public festival of exhibitions and activities, bringing this leading… Read more: Greenwich SOUND/IMAGE Festival